I’ve been working really hard on my little Kenmore the past few weeks when it suddenly started stitching like this:
Which looks fine, except I heard a terrible clunkedy clunk sound while I was stitching and when I turned the fabric over, I found this:
I pulled it apart and cleaned it.
Then I asked Anthony to look at it and pull it apart and clean it.
Then I asked my brother, Michael, to pull it apart and clean it. We found a lot of this:
However, removing “this” did not mean the machine would start working again. I found a local repairman to tune it up, but it meant spending a few days without my machine. I dusted off my Singer, and started thinking about a project I’ve been putting off for some time that would require the Singer’s strong, straight stitch.
These are Anthony’s old pants, which I’ve been collecting and keeping under my sewing table for months.
They are too damaged to give away, but I love the colors and the softness of the broken in khaki.
In my defense, that wasn’t a legitimate attempt at a repair job. We were just messing around with the Singer to see how tough it is.
I cut the pants into pants into “square,” ahem, panels.
Then I laid the “shape cut” over it.
And cut strips in 1″, 2″, and 3″ sections.